Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rug-O-Matic Problems!! **NOT SOLVED**
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdamlady

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Rug-O-Matic Problems!! **NOT SOLVED** Reply with quote

I've had it forever and until about a month ago it was working fine!!

Microsoft updated (Vista) and Rug-O-Matic now has the wrong Serial Number in it so I'm unable to make anything larger than a 1 X 1 rug.

I've tried to uninstall and re-install and that didn't work!!

BTW - I paid my $10 for the upgrade. I'd repay to get new numbers, but I don't even think that's possible anymore.

I've looked all over for some help, but can't find anything even at the Yahoo or the site.

Any suggestions?

DAM Sim 1 Objects 2

DAM Sims 1 Objects 3

DAM Sims 1 Objects 4

Last edited by mdamlady on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Hypnotiq

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried entering your serial number and paypal e-mail into the box at the bottom of this page?
http://www.thesimstransmogrifier.com/GetRugOMaticLicense

Like my Facebook page for updates!
CTOccasions
mdamlady

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dear Hyp - That worked!!

DAM Sim 1 Objects 2

DAM Sims 1 Objects 3

DAM Sims 1 Objects 4
Sita

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't work any more :( the site seems to have lapsed.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the same problem. Thanks for bumping up this information.
I won't pay another $10 to make rugs sad

http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/savingthesims53/
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/savingthesims54/
Sita

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I am hearing even if you pay the $10 you don't get a working version any more. The site is down, creator appears to have vanished. Sad.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
angelfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I had to format my computer and now I can't get my rugomatic to work anymore its truely sad he didn't make it free after all these years or an easy way to reregister it
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's situations like this that make me wonder just how much I really do disapprove of hackers who make no fee hacks of pay programs.

I've never had a problem paying for any program I wanted. But I do expect to continue to be able to use any program I paid for.

Sita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking the same thing Bruja.

My view is that "the labourer is worthy of his hire" but also that
"We stand upon the shoulders of giants".

In other words, if someone has built something, a tool - and specially if he's no longer maintaining or supporting it - why not?

Also Sims 1 is really a "legacy game" now - it's OLD. How justifiable is it to charge real money for addons for it? (and when the legality of charging in the first place was debatable)

I know there are folks who have different views on this but that is my 2 pennies.

Being a wannabe geek in a family of geeks, I have great respect for hackers. I might not always like what they DO.... but it's a skill.

ludi_ling

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really REALLY want to use this program, since I'm only just starting to meddle with objects... And was really annoyed that I can't have a full, working version of the program and can only make 1x1 sized rugs, which is totally unhelpful. What's the point in making a program only half-functional, then abandoning the site so no one can use it properly? Yes, Sims is old, but it just strikes me as being so thoughtless. He didn't even bother to make it free before it was abandoned. angry

If anyone, ANYONE can help to get me a registration code, I'd be so grateful. Even if it takes naughty hacking skillz. wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: This is NOT solved for most of us Reply with quote

Could a mod please change the title back to not solved? Many people would still like to use Rug-O-Matic, including me!

ludi_ling

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that! I'm desperate to start my object-making journey and create some rugs! yes
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed to NOT SOLVED as requested smile

Please pm offers of help to Ludi Ling.

I've never used Rug-O-Matic, but am wondering if TMog can use a 3x6 rug, for example, to clone?

DamonDamore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-Mog can clone rugs. If you can skew the images properly, you don't need the Rug-O-matic.
Sita

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Damon, but painfully, one tile at a time. I'm dyslexic and I can't get my head around it (using TMog) at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: