Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vision of a Perfect Park Challenge (Prizes now available)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Challenges and Contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow to both of you, barbie422003 and CitizenNocturne, on great parks.

Thanks for sharing and participating.

pawlee1023

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo, three more lovely parks for our Sims dance.

KarenL - your park looks like it's a lot of fun for your Sims, and for you to watch your Sims having fun biggrin.

Barbie422003 - it's such fun to recreate the places we remember for our Sims1 game, and I love the carnival items on this lot - especially that Ferris Wheel laugh.

Citizen Nocturne - I love the idea of a garden center and picnic area/park in one place (I can envision Brad Burb buying his seeds, while Johnny Burb is outside in the playground, and Tiffany Burb is enjoying some Sushi from the vendor) smile.

Great job, everyone welldone

- Polly
friedenlinde

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is my Old Town park smile
since I have reinstalled The Sims in my old computer, I had it all Maxis for a week (now I've put back some downloads rolleyes ) so the park is all Maxis wink which makes it easy for the shopping list, since there is none biggrin

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/freeda_bee/Sims%201/OldTown%20Park/

made with all expansion packs installed, including Deluxe wink
it's on Lot 52, rezoned to community lot. I guess you have to rezone the lot yourself as well before installing this lot wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Freeda, just too nice.

Great place and easy to use for those without many downloads!

Thanks and you participation gift is on the way!

pawlee1023

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeda,

What a beautiful and relaxing park you built biggrin - and using Maxis-only content thumbsup. There's something there for everySim (and their pets), but the lot is not too cluttered so the Sims can get around easily from area to area laugh .

Thank you for sharing your lovely Vision of a Perfect Park with us hug.

- Polly
ruthml

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeda what a lovely looking park! You made Maxis objects look good! Very good landscaping and layout.

Redhead1148

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of compliments I wanna pay:

KarinL, that is SUCH a creative idea on how to make a baseball field--I LOVE it!

Freeda, thank you so much for making an awesome all Maxis park, I think making something all Maxis can be MORE of a challenge and require more creativity than with a ton of custom downloads. There should be challenges for all-Maxis lots!

Love,
Redhead :)
friedenlinde

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww thank you for the compliments hug
yes it was very challenging to make it all maxis! jfade's psycho laugh
I challenge myself like that from time to time, expecially when it comes to community or downtown lot - if they are all maxis they will stay there with no missing objects since I change my downloads themes on rotation wink

got the lovely gifts also - thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the gifts and compliments on my park, and great park Freeda!
I agree, making maxis look good certainly is a challnge!!

this sure is a fun and summery challenge, i love seeing everyone's parks^^
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grabbed your park, friedenlinde! I'm hopeless at building, so I'm in awe at your Maxis only park. Maxis only makes it very useful to me yes
mmarie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's parks are so great! Each one is so different, I especially love those ferris wheels, I have not seen them in Sims before!

Also, my sincere compliments on the Maxis only park notworthy

if I don't have my custom content I find the game boring and makes me sleep

well, I finished my park, actually finished it a long time ago and am just getting around to posting it now.

I'm pretty new to challenges and to tell the truth I don't know how to zip it up and offer it for download blush
I did keep a shopping list, though sadly I think many of those sites are gone now. If anyone would like to have it I would be happy to do it if you could give me some instructions jfade's psycho

Everything on the lot seems to work, though for some reason many sims jump in the pool with their clothes on laugh

http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss116/immariez/Perfect%20Park/
mmarie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh sorry I stretched the page blush
mtaman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmarie wrote:
I'm pretty new to challenges and to tell the truth I don't know how to zip it up and offer it for download
I did keep a shopping list, though sadly I think many of those sites are gone now. If anyone would like to have it I would be happy to do it if you could give me some instructions

Just put a copy of the House iff from the Houses folder in a zip file and include the shopping list. Nothing special needs to be done to it.
Krisandj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't been back here in a while and I'm just floored! surprise Every single park posted has aspects to it that I really admire - admittedly especially the Maxis one - as someone said it takes a fair amount of creativity and patience to make an all Maxis content park a fun place for Sims to be. biggrin Kudos!

I especially liked looking at the beautifully landscaped lots - I just don't have the inner vision to create such beauty from scratch myself. Hats off to you all. notworthy notworthy

mmarie (yours is freshest in my mind cuz I saw it last, lol) I love all the purple plant stuff and was that a croquet game in lower left section (OMG I want that if it is)? The children's playground struck me as quite realistic looking. Funny about swimming fully clothed - wonder why? LOL!

If you wanted to zip up your park file to share you need a zipping up program such as WinRar or WinZip both are capable of doing zip files. I use WinRar myself and it has a "create a new archive" wizard which makes things easier (especially the first time I used it).

To use WinRar here's what you do. Put all the files you mean to include into one folder. Open up the WinRar program. Click options, then settings, then compression, then create default (it defaults to RAR unless you choose zip as the default). This is also where you choose where the program will put your new archive so you won't have to scavenger hunt for it later, lol. Once you get all that settled how you want, and apply it, open up the wizard part of the program and pick create new. It will tell you to choose files (through trial and error I discovered the wizard doesn't let you pick files from several different places on your computer that's why I said make just one folder for all the files first). Select just the first file in your folder then hold down the shift key and select the very last file (all files should then be selected) continue on with the wizard. Name the archive and when it gets to the next screen and shows a bunch of options just don't choose any of them and click the finish button. Find your new zip file and using the same program open it up and double check that everything is in there that you wanted in there. If you missed something go back one step in the program and with your new archive selected click on add at top of program (it lets you add more files in). If you got a file in there that you didn't mean to - when the archive is open, showing all the contents select the wrong file and click delete at the top of program. It's a lot of words to explain it but when you're doing it all it actually goes pretty quick. smile Hope that helps ... someone ... eventually. biggrin
mtaman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the instructions on how to use WinRAR, Krisandj. notworthy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Challenges and Contests All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: