Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Join bruja in Mexico Challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Challenges and Contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coffeeblonde3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great build Mars! I giggled when I saw the cactus computer though...always wondered where someone might use that object! laugh
Its amazing how creative we become when we must hide a "bleed through"! I like your crawl space walls they are just right!
Madoria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You for the lovely gift !!!

And thank you for the nice comments on my house !
It was my first try at Adobe build so it is prolly not perfect but ... I like to try at least !

Susanne hug

ruthml

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madoria, I liked your house very much - it had a "clutter-free" feel to it and had a very spacious feeling. I think it was your choice of windows and curtains that helped make that open feeling - good choice! thumbsup

Mars, the house has lovely details - the upper patio for eg and the front porch area. I'm sure Senor Fernandez is very happy living there. I know I would be.

Detached

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thalia wrote:
I have to say I'm having a very hard time finding things that are specifically Mexican. I've been using mostly Italian, Spanish or Portuguese stuff (when I can find it!) and I guess it's working okay so far. It's kind of weird. There's about a million and a half sites with really gorgeous Indian (India-Indian) or other Asian stuff, which strikes me as odd (probably just my Americanocentric view, really) and hardly anything Mexican, that I've seen. Maybe I'm just missing it?

So thank you for the WCIF thread.

Sorry this is so late - I haven't been able to pop in in awhile... blush

You so should check out TSR - there are some beautiful Mexican sets that are a must have!
Sita

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried, but my game shot me in the foot again. I was going to use the Sippar house I made (http://www.simechoes.org/sims1/sita/sims1lots/lot1/sippar/sippar.html) which is Maxis only
and furnish with CC to Mexican style. I downloaded a mountain of Mexican goodies, including some I used to have and had lost, was delighted to find again. But the game has died again. Too many downloads or something, I dunno, I've run all my checkers and found no problems... and just haven't the energy to plough right through all the files to try to sort it all out, or to reinstall and do it all over again. So I'm afraid you get to see the boring version.

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully SIMpathize, Sita! That always seems to happen to me when I'm working on something,
ruthml

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the unusual design - with the water in the middle and the living areas around the edge. I also run into the same problem whenever I try to do something.... hug

Sita

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the problem was the same as someone else posted here. If I try to just build and decorate, the game probably works ok. Once I start to PLAY, or even (horrors!) try to start a story... explode

In Sadorandom Probability, if you have a 50% chance of getting the desired result, then the undesirable result will happen 90% of the time. That's Life as we know it, Jim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sita

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok - the game finally permitted me to take pictures of my decorated house. Here is the Mexican style Sippar.

Pictures etc at http://www.simechoes.org/sims1/challenges/mexico.html (direct link to the page) many thanks to all the creators of this wonderful style, and to Bruja for suggesting it. I had a lot of fun.

patos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to take a look and all I can say is WOW!

And glad to know you received your participation gift, Sita.

Sita

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I love the challenges - mostly I can only play my full-CC Sims 1 game to decorate, rather than play for any length of time, so they work for me.

Many thanks, and it's a gorgeous easel! /me starts looking for another challenge...

Thalia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's mine. Though it turns out Maria &c., doesn't like marigolds!

Just as a warning, though: you may need sunglasses. When I think of Mexico I always think of very bright colors. smile

http://s734.photobucket.com/albums/ww344/ThaliaMT/
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those bright colours! Your participation gift is in your inbox.
Thalia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mars! I've received it just fine.
patos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright, sunny and cheery! Just love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Challenges and Contests All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: