Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recoloring Butter Churn... Animation Issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "PCYLINDE01D" is not needed to work properly and I've not needed the joint name in the file name (though I find it hand for managing files) but could easily see that being a PC/Mac difference.

The "PCYLINDE01D", however, is not something built into the game or the sim's skeleton so means nothing to the game - it just follows naming convention and lets you identify the different pieces of the handle.

The "xskin-" is needed however otherwise the prop can lose it's texture unexpectedly when the prop is being redrawn (like when the sim passes through a portal). in lots of cases the sim is just standing there using the prop so it does not get redrawn but I learned it while working on an object that had the sim go into the next room in some cases (similar to a bookcase with a new book prop. the glitch happened if the sim chose a chair in the next room)

KarinL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically, the xskin and the R_HAND (or whatever body part is relevant for the item) are the are the two parts I really have to keep intact, and the others I can play with as long as I do it consistently (i.e. edit all the relevant references)?

That does make it easier to figure out where to 'cut' - I'd like to keep some of the information in so I know what the original file is if ever I need to get it back.
Your solution of xskin-bucrn-hn-R_HAND-PC01D.skn makes it a lot easier to figure out what it is months from now than what I said before. There's no way I'm going to know next year that b-h stands for 'butterchurn handle'. :) :) :)

Karin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: