Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need help with importing!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sim_addicted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: I need help with importing!!! Reply with quote

What excactly am I importing to T-MOG? I coloured the wood red and the cushion purple, but when I try to import the only file selection is XML file thingy, and there isn't an XML file anywhere!? PLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE help!
eisbaer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The xmL file is in the same folder where the folder with the sprite (the pictures you had worked with) is. It normaly have the same name as your object
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the documentation that comes with T-Mog carefully, almost everything you need to use it is explained.
Madoria

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a little tutorial on Simpaint shop ages ago and it includes how to export / import in t-mog

Basic steps

clone

export the sprites + the xml file into a folder outside of the game

find that folder in paint program of choice and edit the sprites

Open T-mog again and find the clone you made
click on import and then find the folder were you put the sprites + xml and click on the xml and import.

Susanne

http://bases.madoria.com/tut2/simpaintshop.html

sim_addicted

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that's excactly the point! THERE IS NO XML FILE. What do I do?
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The XML is not inside the _sprites folder(s). It's one folder up from that.
sim_addicted

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raeven wrote:
The XML is not inside the _sprites folder(s). It's one folder up from that.

Nope. Not there either.

But there is one thing.

I found an XML file. But it must be like an old one or something. Or does it update itself when you edit the bmps?
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not update itself, no, there is no need since you are overwriting the exported BMPS (so they are in the sae folders with the same file names).
sim_addicted

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raeven wrote:
It does not update itself, no, there is no need since you are overwriting the exported BMPS (so they are in the sae folders with the same file names).

I don't quite understand qhat you mean.
sim_addicted

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, let me tell you from the beginning.

I've been following the tut from the gimp one. I did everything, and i also changed the colour of the wood of the chair. So I saved them as the originals, right? As indexed(I think) BMPs. So now what the hell do I do with them?
Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I don't understand the probem.

You did find a XML files, correct?
I don't understand what you mean by it must be old and I don't understand why you are not choosing it to import into T-mog.

sim_addicted

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raeven wrote:

I don't understand why you are not choosing it to import into T-mog.

I DID import it to T-MOG. As I said, It's old. Absolutely NO difference in the chair what so ever.
ruthml

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you got yourself confused.

you cloned the chair, first, right?

Then exported the chair files? And you exported the clone that you made, not the original chair? (can't tell you have many times I've done that)

That will give you a folder of bmps and an xml file. Don't worry about that xml file. Just concentrate on the bmps.

then you made your changes to the chair and saved the new look chair so that the bmps changed - right? ie if you go and look at the bmps in the folder, they will not look like the original chair anymore, but be your work.

Then in tmog find your chair that you cloned and import it. Tmog will go to the folder you are working in and grab everything it needs.

If you've exported more than one version of your cloned chair, you could be importing the wrong one. If you've worked on your new look chair bmps but saved them to the wrong folder, then that might explain why you don't see anything different when importing.

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sim_addicted, it would be a good idea if you were to follow the basic tutorial included in the T-Mog documentation, and recolour the flamingo. If you can do that, the exact same process will work on the chair you want to recolour.

Then go and follow all the steps of the tutorial Bunny Wuffles has at her School of Transmogrification:

http://sas.planetthesims.gamespy.com/bwsost/bwsost.htm

People spent many hours preparing these tutorials, and new creators should try to work through them before coming and asking for help.

If you have a specific problem while working your way through tutorials, that's the time to come and tell us exactly where you're stuck, so that we don't have to try to guess at what you're doing or not doing.

Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I DID import it to T-MOG. As I said, It's old. Absolutely NO difference in the chair what so ever.

Dude, before you get too frustrated here remember the things you've said. First that there was no XML at all and then that you found it and "it" (which one HAS to assume is the XML at this point) must be old. That's totally not the same as "I imported and the chair's graphics didn't change".

Quote:
So I saved them as the originals, right? As indexed(I think) BMPs.

That definitely sounds right, so if you are sure you saved the sprites as the original BMPs, in the correct folders and all of that good stuff, then Ruth's idea that you might hvae exported it more than once sounds like the next thing to check out.

Look at the name of the "_sprites" folder your work (the recolored BMPS) is in and make sure that matches the XML file you are importing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: