Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Textures
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruthml

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site is devoted to colour - you can browse colours, or palettes or patterns.

http://www.colourlovers.com/

However I'm still trying to figure out if you can use for eg, their patterns freely, I can't find that info anywhere on the website.

BUT it does give the rgb values for colours, so if you really like a colour you can recreate it.

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruthml wrote:
This site is devoted to colour - you can browse colours, or palettes or patterns.

http://www.colourlovers.com/

However I'm still trying to figure out if you can use for eg, their patterns freely, I can't find that info anywhere on the website.

BUT it does give the rgb values for colours, so if you really like a colour you can recreate it.

I haven't figured about using the patterns there yet myself. But it's a very dangerous place to go. I started messing around there last night, and before I knew it 6 hours had passed and I had cramps in my mouse hand that still won't go away.

ruthml

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found out more about the terms and conditions for use of patterns and palettes from the colourlovers.com

http://www.colourlovers.com/group/Sharing_the_Love/conversations/2123/All_About_Terms_of_Use

and

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

explain the conditions. It seems that non-commercial use is ok for any pattern made by the Colour Loves people. Other patterns submitted by outsiders may have different conditions attached to them.

In case the first link doesn't work (I had to register and search the forum), here is the text.

Quote:
Can I use the colors found in palettes and patterns on my blog or in my work?

You can use the colors found in a palette or a pattern however you want. Note that some users would love to know you've used their colors so don't be shy. :)

Can I use the palettes and patterns found on ColourLovers.com on my blog or in my work?

Palettes as they are displayed on the site and colorings of patterns are licensed under an Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike Creative Commons License. You can read a simplified version of this license at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/.

Pattern templates i.e. the original pattern files are copyrighted. If you want to use them for commercial purposes, you will need to find who created the pattern and contact them to see what their terms of use are.

To see if the pattern you want to use has been made by CL or not, open a pattern page then check the description area ("About This Pattern"). If the pattern wasn't created by ColourLovers.com, the name of the creator and a link to their website will be displayed at the bottom.

friedenlinde

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dear... I came across this site a while back but thought it was dangerous to me and step away laugh then I went and registerd a couple of days ago. I have my own page now, spent (I think rolleyes ) a couple of hours there and made my colors, palettes, patterns.. I told you it was dangerous... laugh
I am a graphic-maniac, and ColourLovers is a FANTASTIC resource! clap

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a site with some free seamless patterns http://pattern8.com/
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtaman wrote:
I found a site with some free seamless patterns http://pattern8.com/

Now I really have to learn how to apply a limited palette to an image in PSP8.

Here are the Terms of Use.

Quote:

Terms of Use
License and Terms of Use for Pattern8 Files

Last Modified: May 3, 2009

Please read the Terms & Conditions carefully before using Pattern8 files. If you’re unsure about anything please leave a comment or contact us directly. We’re always happy to help.
Terms and Conditions

By using the files and content from Pattern8.com, you agree to these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions please do not use any files or content from this site. We reserve the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms & Conditions at any time. Your continued use after any changes or modifications is acceptance of those changes. All users of Pattern8 files are subject to the following Terms & Conditions and other applicable law.
Copyright

1. Copyright for all the original source files remains with the author.

Things You Can’t Do

1. You may not redistribute files downloaded from Pattern8 in any way, shape or form. That is, you may not download the orignal Pattern8 source files and make them available, in whole or part, from a different server. To share the files you must link to the article on Pattern8.com
2. You may not create derivatives of these patterns for resale or distribution. That includes microstock/stock photography sites.
3. You may not claim any Pattern8 file as your own work.
4. You may noy copy a whole article from Pattern8 onto your own site. You may post an excerpt from the original Pattern8 article with a link back to the original post.
5. You may not “hotlink” to any Pattern8 files.

Things You Can Do

1. You may use Pattern8 files for personal and commercial work.
2. You may use Pattern8 files in your own design work. That includes web design, t-shirts, business cards, greetings card, stationery, posters, flyers, branding etc.
3. You may capture a screenshot (or download an image from a post) and use some of the article text to create an article on your own site that links back to the original Pattern8 article.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: