Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spooky Bookcase Challenge
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Challenges and Contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Spooky Bookcase Challenge Reply with quote

surprise surprise surprise

Welcome to Simblesse Oblige's first challenge!

Challenges are intended:
- to tempt people to try creating for the first time;
- to encourage people who create in one area to try a different type of creation;
- to give really experienced creators a kick in the muse if they're feeling bored and directionless.

Entries will not be judged, there are no prizes, and everyone is invited to show off as many items as they can make!

The main purpose of a challenge is to have fun. We ask members not to offer criticism unless the poster specifically asks for it.

We hope that lots of you will join in, and stretch your creativity muscles.

If you're stretching hard enough, you should hit at least one interesting problem or solution. Bring your questions, ideas, and solutions to the Object Making and Recolouring Forum, so that we can all learn together. Don't be shy: the staff here all firmly believe that there are no stupid questions!

Spooky Bookcase Challenge

Kim has made a wonderful Spooky Bookcase base for this challenge. The zip will be posted here for download.

You are challenged to fill the bookcase with an interesting selection of objects, then show off your bookcase here.
cool:

So when Kim posts the zip, download it, unzip it to your downloads folder, fire up your Transmogrifier, and have some fun!

Last edited by bruja on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never done anything like this before. Is there a tutorial to show me how to put objects on bookcases? Where do I get the objects?
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

17mars wrote:
I've never done anything like this before. Is there a tutorial to show me how to put objects on bookcases? Where do I get the objects?

There's an absolutley super tutorial by Madoria http://bases.madoria.com/index.php?category=Fill%20a%20Bookcase

You can extract graphics froom the game, make your own in a graphics program, or get a head start by the Spooky Bookcase Clutterbox thread, where members will be posting images as the challenge progresses.

http://simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?t=318
TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the zipped file! Have fun!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, Behold, the new has come."
2 Corinthians 5:17
ruthml

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was fun to do! here's a pic of my challenge bookcase to get things rolling and inspire others. Thanks to everyone for the clutter.
TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very nice! I like the ravens at the top. I didn't want to get into A's and Z's, so I kept mine simple.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, Behold, the new has come."
ruthml

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh! I like your choice of clutter Kim - that pumpkin looks neat. I crammed so much into mine, it all got a bit lost. :doubt: oh well :| . and I think I put the books on the wrong shelf - sims reach from the middle shelf don't they? oops, I might have to switch that around :grin:
Madoria

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow !!! Both look great ! And I want a whole Kitchen with those cab doors !!!! Spooky !!!

Susanne

INFO:

The Tutorial I have has moved here:

http://tutorials.madoria.com/fillbk.php

Last edited by Madoria on Sun May 13, 2012 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
annettebrks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, ladies! And done so quickly! Good heavens, I haven't even started mine yet. :lol:
TheIms3
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruthml wrote:
. and I think I put the books on the wrong shelf - sims reach from the middle shelf don't they? oops, I might have to switch that around :grin:
The Sims seem to reach for kind of a near bottom shelf, so I decided a long time ago that it doesn't matter what I put where. I just do it so it pleases my eye. I think your packed shelf looks wonderful, and very spooky. Who ever thinks of mad scientist or ghoulish wizard as being neat and tidy, anyway? :lol:

annettebrks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who ever thinks of mad scientist or ghoulish wizard as being neat and tidy, anyway?

Well heck, that's how all my shelves look at home anyway - jam packed. To me, that's just natural! :lol:

Alright, here's my version. It really was fun, moving the various images around until I liked the arrangement. I kept feeling like I was missing something, but didn't figure it out until I loaded the first attempt into the game. Shading! I just needed to shade things that sat farther back on those shelves, since the light of the room wouldn't hit them as well. I was much happier with it once I fixed that.

A very BIG thanks to everyone who donated images to the Clutterbox. We've ended up a very nice assortment, including some that can also be used in not-so-spooky projects later! Having all those spookies to choose from really made this project a breeze!
Madoria

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another great spooky bookcase!!!
This turns out to a Spooky Library !!!

Susanne :P
ruthml

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your's looks fab Annette - the skull on top of the books is a very cool touch. I agree, having all the clutter images on hand made this challenge very fun to do. I enjoyed moving them around on the shelves too. Now if only real life house work was that pleasant! :lol:

Susanne, where's your bookcase???? You have to do one now!! :mrgreen:
annettebrks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This turns out to a Spooky Library !!!

I never thought of that, but a person -could- actually make a whole library this way! What a thought!

And you know what, once I got into the thick of it, I almost wished it was a two-tile bookcase. So many nifty images to choose from, and only limited space, so we can't use them all! :lol:

Quote:
Now if only real life house work was that pleasant!

I'll second that! In my next life, I want to be a Sim! But with my luck, I'd end up being reincarnated as Betty Newbie, and I'm not altogether sure it'd be worth having to put up with Bob. :P

And thank you for the compliments! These all really look great.
Raeven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeedy I was just waiting till 5 were posted before I started *coughhintcoughhint*ing at you people to start posting them somewhere lol :)

I have a Sim, Mr. C. Thales, Magician extraordinare (according to him, anyway) and these would be quite nice in his place.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Challenges and Contests All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: