Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here's the Pumpkin Carving Party!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Challenges and Contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raeven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Here's the Pumpkin Carving Party! Reply with quote

Welcome to the Simblesse Oblige Pumpkin Carving Party!

This challenge is fun for all and can be done by anyone from experienced creators to beginners (a tutorial is provided for beginners).
To participate, simply download our provided pumpkin bases, carve your pumpkin and submit your entry!
All entries submitted before October 28th, 2007 will become part of one of this year's Halloween Treats: The Simblesse Oblige Pumpkin Carving Kit!!

1) Download and Clone your desired base (provided below).
Here are your pumpkin choices (or, if you're really ambitious, use a whole different pumpkin on the base).

2) Carve Your Pumpkin. Export the sprites and decorate.
Each pumpkin base is "4-in-1" all surface curio (this just means these little decorative doo-dads each have 4 graphic inside of them) and no expansion pack is required. Use each of the 4 graphics to show your pumpkin being carved starting at "frame 1" and ending with "decor1", a finished piece, perfect for displaying in your Sims' homes.

Here's an example of what Mtaman did with the four front views of his pumpkin:

Once you alter the graphics, your Sim will be able to let loose their creative powers and select any one of the four graphics, letting you decorate with one of the "works in progress" or giving your Sim a finished pumpkin curio!

3) Submit Your Entry by uploading your completed pumpkin curios to this thread along with a screenshot.
Members that upload their completed pumpkins to Simblesse Oblige by Oct. 28 will have their object incorporated into a new and unique Halloween download,
The Simblesse Oblige Pumpkin Carving Kit!
This is a great new skill object (creativity) and you'll want your pumpkin to be a part of it.
17mars
Owner
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go first.
Here's my finished pumpkin that can be put in the upcoming pumpkin carving kit.
If I can make one then anyone can.

friedenlinde

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is fun! thumbsup
I'd never do a pumpkin carving in reality, as it's not traditional over here laugh but now I can do one for my simmies yes
I guess I'll give it a try!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THis is a fantastic idea!! I realy have ti install my PSP now. I wished I would find my CD (it got lost during my moving)

eisbaer

elizabrook

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like so much fun! You mentioned a tuturiol for beginners...where would I find it? (And is it for Mac beginners or just PC?)

Thanks!

ETA: Sorry I just saw the tutorial thread! Doh!
smillachan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like fun! I'll give it a shot and hopefully have my pumkins in before the deadline!
Poetica

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a lot of fun! I nabbed my kit and look forward to carving my pumpkin. Thank you for the fun challenge!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is my first attempt at creating anything for sims.

Just a little question, what am I to zip to enter the contest and where do I find it to zip it?

Go ahead and laugh, they're supposed to be fun pumpkins!

Oh, and IF I can do this...... laugh

Last edited by patos on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
mamasoul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I snagged mine up too! This looks like a lot of fun! biggrin Thank you for having this nifty little party! hug
weckar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really going to ened some help on this, too bad I'm not exactly graphics oriented as a young genius...

Oh yeah, what I was meaning to ask, would you mind if I used one of those bases for another object I'm working on? it's a new grwers patch with magical abilities (or so I hope it to be)
mtaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just a little question, what am I to zip to enter the contest and where do I find it to zip it?

Look in the Downloads/Transmogrified folder for the iff that you named and zip it up and post it in this thread with your pictures.
bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weckar wrote:

Oh yeah, what I was meaning to ask, would you mind if I used one of those bases for another object I'm working on? it's a new grwers patch with magical abilities (or so I hope it to be)

No. we don't mind. Staff posted those as part of a challenge, so they're fair game.

But you might want to check the Harvest clutterbox here at SO, for quite a variety of pumpkins, most at the right game skew. The clutterboxes are meant to provide creators with graphics for projects. smile

weckar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, so that's what they are! I thought they we're somekind of trash bin for old topics so I never even looked :p
Poetica

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine. :)

Thanks for the fun challenge!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elizabrook wrote:
This sounds like so much fun! You mentioned a tuturiol for beginners...where would I find it? (And is it for Mac beginners or just PC?)

The tutorial uses PC programs for the examples. As a Mac user you'd need to use IffSnooper for cloning the curio and exporting the images (Disassembling?). Then you would use any graphics program you are comfortable with and IffSnooper to re-import the images (Re-Assemble?)

Persimmon Grove has an object making tutorial for IffSnooper (the version shown in the tutorials out of date but the basics should be the same and specific questions can be posted in the Object Making forum)
http://persimmongrove.org/Mac/MacMenu.html

patos wrote:

Zip the two curio objects you cloned and worked on .. the same ones you bought from buymode to display in game. Those are just adorable!

EDIT: You should find your clone in the Downloads\Transmogrifier folder

Mamasoul, you draw such beautiful things ... I am SO looking forward to your entry!

Poetica wrote:
Here's mine. :)

That's fabulous! I love it!! *snaaaged and runs off to add it to the kit*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Challenges and Contests All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: