Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

order of sprites in iffpencil Dgrps vs Tmog?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruthml

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: order of sprites in iffpencil Dgrps vs Tmog? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm having a bit of bother with getting alignment of a 2 rotation object. I have read that the sprites in iffpencil - in the dgrps aren't the same as the ones in Tmog.

Tmog views are : NW, NE, SE, SW.
Iffpencil lists them as: NE, NW, SW, SE.

Are they the same? is the NE in Iffpencil, the same as the NE in Tmog? Or does it correspond to NW? I don't know if that even makes sense but I'd love to be able to figure out which way this object is supposed to be facing. The object is a custom purchase item - it's 2 rotation and trying to figure out which back view and which front view I need to change in Iffpencil is a bit tricky at the moment. Here's a question, if a sim carries a 2 rotation object in it's hand, which side is NE? etc? I'm aware that I could probably make the NE any side but I can't identify them properly in Iffpencil.

thanks a bunch if anyone knows the answer.

Raeven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW in iffpencil is T-mog's NE (and so the NE sprite)

ip2-DRGPdirections.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.25 KB
 Viewed:  1018 Time(s)

ip2-DRGPdirections.gif

eisbaer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: OK, forget about that. I found out that my object can't be done as a two rotation thing. because of the symmetry of an 2x3 object. With a 3x3 it would have been possible, while the two axis equal. Sorry for bothering

Soory for bumping up such an old thread, but I think my problem is very related.

I have a rug (2x3), 2rotations based object. In Tmog it looks fine with back and front rotation. But when I have it in game and you rotate it the front of my object comes when you expect a back view.

I mean: if you rotate 90 from NE to SE you should still have the front view. but in game it don't do that. In game I instead see a back view. What is realy anoing. OK, I could go for a 4rotation object but that would increase the size dramatically with this 2x3 object.

Normaly it should be (doesn't matter where you start rotation): front1, front2(mirror of front1), back2, back1(mirror of back2) and then again front1. And so it loooks in Tmog. But my object seems to rotate in game the views alternating: front, back, front, back! angry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: