Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cloning cash registers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruthml

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Cloning cash registers? Reply with quote

Hi, I am in the middle of making a set for a old town lot. I am a bit confused over the best cash register to clone.

Given that some of the items are UL specific veg cart/NPC & seed tray do I just clone the UL cash register or should I try to use another cash register that is more universal? Do those UL items require the UL cash register to work properly?

thank you!

Raeven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do those UL items require the UL cash register to work properly?

No any cash register can be used.

But you are correct that cloning a UL cash register will give it a UL requirement. And I think I remember something about Vacation retro fitting the HD cash registers so folks wihtout vacation would not be able to use some clones.

I forget the details. Whan I made my "ez clone" resgiters I stripped that silliness out of them so they work for any EP Hot Date and higher.
There's one in the "Bases" section that still uses the Hot Date animations (of the expensive clerk not the cheap one)

ruthml

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, I was thinking of using a Woobsha cash register anyway but wanted to double check that the seed tray did not require the specific UL cash register to work.

Excellent!! thumbsup

pokemonxcore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i was wondering how to make cash registers at home lot enabled because i'm making an at home business theme. Are there tutorials on how to enable things for residential use? :)
KarinL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how that would work, but Magic Sims (SimCrafter) has an 'at home pet shop' that has a register that can be used at home.
Maybe it would help to compare it so you can see what they did to it???

http://simcrafters.parsimonious.org/~magicsims/misc/misc/index.htm

Karin
pokemonxcore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that, I'll go take a look. It was hard to find the differences, so I cloned their cashier and used a graphics transfer. Now I have at home cashiers, I made an at home clothing store, it was great, but the thing is, visitors only browse, they never try on or buy, and when my sims buy, the money they pay doesn't add to their household. lol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: