Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble Retexturing a loveseat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madoria

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The purple loveseat has only got the FIXABLE alpha problem that I told you my way around to fix earlier on.

At this point I would check all zooms / all channels
and also I always use subdirectories,
export it again - go in an manually
clean the middle part of the alpha sprite up so it is a crisp white edging no grey - were the 2 pieces suppose to meet and import again!
This is the way I do all my 2 tiled or more objects.

Susanne

Mystic Storm

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jump jump jump jump

YAY!!! I DONE IT!!!

hug for everyone!

No Lines, All Zooms are perfect ..... OMG I am soooo happy.... I have the biggest headache mind you but Im sooo thrilled!!!

Madoria I had tried unticking the smooth edge but it had left a line and I forgot about it .... and then I focused on the directions Raeven had given me ....

Anyway after I saw you post I tried it again by unticking colour only and the smooth edge and I got a line again when I coloured the large psprites that you get with the default setting ....

So I tried colouring all the sizes psprites and with the smooth edge ticked off .... and it worked!

Thank you everyone for all your help hug

I also made a couple different size pictures and a mirror and cloned an object used sprits from a different object and that worked too ... sooo Im really really happy! the pieces I made are really average but I was only trying to see if I could do it and I can and they are useable soo thats the main thing! OHHH and I figured out how to make an object with a back backless biggrin .... Now I just have to figure out the right angles so my stuff doesnt look crappy LOL

ess

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!
I'm glad you got it fixed. Those are some bizarre problems you werehaving! I've never seen it before! OUt of curiosity, what version of T Mog are you using?

S
Mystic Storm

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasnt it just!!!

Im Using 2.0 .... When it all started I downloaded all the earlier Tmogs and I had even worse probs with them...

1.4 and 2.0 where the ones with the best results ....

Theres a girl at the Coconut hut that is using 2000 and shes having the same prob ... soo it may be something to do with 2000 and tmog not liking each other cause it seems strange that we both run 2000 and we both have the same problem ...

Anyway I gave her the settings Im using, be interesting to see if it works for her too...

Im just glad its over!!

I cloned that purple sofa and added your white cushions that I coloured pink and it looks really cute! Thanks for sharing them biggrin

Madoria

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY !!!!

jump dance clap

Mystic Storm

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jump banana wall Yay Alright! Only took me, what? two weeks? rolleyes ... I think I made about 20 sofas in that time period and only 2 are useable laugh

Naa! was worth it! and I felt sooo exhilarated when I finally got it that it really was worth the effort!!

Now i got to figure how to angle a pic right soo I can make this clock for a clock tower I want, cause Im having no luck finding one anywhere! If I remember correctly, STPCarly has a tutorial on how to make a 2 tile painting from scratch .... including angles etc .... Im sure I saved a link somewhere ... gawd i need to get my files organised!! LOL

ruthml

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following this thread although not contributing to it - but I'm so happy for you! congrats on finally getting tmog to work for you.
thumbsup hug

Marialix

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Mystic! wave dance

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Ruthml and Marialix biggrin .... I am sooo grateful to Raeven and Madoria and the other girls that tried to help me out.... If it wasnt for them I would have given up cause there really wasnt anything out there to tell me how to fix my prob...

Ohh and my fiance too, everytime I reached my breaking point and wanted to give up, he was like, HOLD ON there, babe!! youll figure it out ....

Thank you guys, You have no idea how much this means to me hug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: