Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with color palette and Tmog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VonZeeple

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Problem with color palette and Tmog Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I wanted to give a try in object making/hacking, but i have a problem with a simple recoloring.

I duplicated a chair using Tmog and I simply changed the color. I saved the bitmap file with a custom color palette (256 indexed colors) and imported it in the Tmog. But in the tmog's viewer, colors are messy (see attached file). On the left, the Tmog preview and on the right, the real sprite.

I think that the color palette imported/calculated by the Tmog is wrong, reading the text file generated during the import.

the second attached file is a screenshot of the color palette import, as you can see, the displayed palette isn't the same as the one displayed in gimp2...

This seem to be a recent bug, there is already 2 topics about it on TSR (but discontinued). Does anyone have a working configuration or other version of Tmog?

I'm using the Tmog (2.1.2),Gimp2, and windows 7.

VonZ

bug.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  bug.jpg
 Filesize:  111.65 KB
 Downloaded:  166 Time(s)

bug2.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  bug2.jpg
 Filesize:  198.04 KB
 Downloaded:  166 Time(s)

peter9g

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two potential issues that occur to me.

One is that TMog is picky about how your palette index is organized.
For Photoshop you can follow the procedure here
http://www.simfreaks.com/tips/objects.shtml
but I don't know if GIMP will give you similar choices.

The other is that you can't really use all 256 colours - one of them has to be the transparent pixel, which is traditionally drawn as yellow in TMog. If your palette contains yellow then TMog is happy to use your yellow palette entry, but if your palette doesn't contain any yellow it may try to make a new palette with 255 entries + one transparent pixel.

Peter
VonZeeple

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seem that all the sprites must have the same palette with the same color indexing.

I'll find out how to do this in the gimp.

But for now it seems to work without defining any palette. I hope i'll be able to post my first creation soon!

Thanks for your help.
DamonDamore

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in GIMP you need to something with the "don't overwrite colorspace information" box. I'm not sure if that's the same issue or not, but it might be worth a try?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: