Simblesse Oblige Forum Index Simblesse Oblige
Forums for serious Simmers to share knowledge about The Sims 1

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

retexturing Vacation rental shack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anoush

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: retexturing Vacation rental shack Reply with quote

I recently recolored a Vacation shack, however when I click on it my Sims can't rent or anything. I'm sure this has to do with NPC's, but I didn't think recoloring would mess with that sad . Does anyone know what the problem might be? Here's the shack

Anoush

Image1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.74 KB
 Viewed:  2040 Time(s)

Image1.jpg

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the recolouring that interferes with the NPC. It's the cloning.

I think there are some objects where the NPC doesn't have the object (GUID:edit oh lord, I've gone blank, just woke up, it's the hex number with the magic cookie number in the middle) in its coding. Those can be cloned and still use the original NPC.

However, in most cases, the NPC also has a hex number like that, and the object and the NPC number have to recognize each other.

Cloning changes the hex number of the object, so the NPC no longer recognizes it.
Wilf's Sim Stuff had a tutorial, but that site is gone now.

If my memory serves correctly, the simplest thing to do is to clone the NPC as well, then insert the new GUIDs into the clones very carefully.

bruja
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little more awake now.

I did learn to do this when I worked on the gothy cart. You use iffpencil to change the GUID numbers. I remember it a more than a wee bit tricky, because the order in which you have to type them in is not the order in which they appear normally.

I found that the way to stay sane was to write down the old numbers (the GUIDs of the orignal objects), then use iffpencil to see the order in which the digitsd were used in the NPC or its object. Then I wrote down the GUIDs of the cloned objects, and carefully changed those digits into the order I would need to enter them, in the fields of the cloned objects, using iffpencil.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simblesse Oblige Forum Index -> Object Creation and Recolor Shop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: